I realize this is several days after my goal of last Tuesday of each month. Thank you for hanging in there with me on this tough and awesome journey. Deadlines and consistency have never been my favorite things, but God has used this writing and designing to remind me of His faithfulness and kindness for the past seven months. I am working on gearing up for the fall semester and hopefully finishing the year strong.
This story I’m writing about is one that I have seen my Mom share with many young women over the years. It’s a small book about the size of a New Testament. The book is called By Searching: My journey from doubt into faith by Isobel Kuhn. This book was a help to me as I tried to figure out what it means to follow Jesus for myself not just because other people do. One of the chapters in her book is entitled “What You should Not Imitate.” I love how Isobel presents her story with humility showcasing the grace of God that reached out to her as she sought Him very imperfectly.
- What are you doing to build a relationship with God right now?
- What things are distracting you from knowing God?
- How can you seek God more fiercely?
- Do you know how many people live in China?
- Do you think God wants you to be a missionary?
- Are there any missionaries you know that you can encourage?
- Do you get distracted by members of the opposite gender? What do you do when that happens?
- Where do you imagine living when you are older?
- What do you think God wants you to do with your life?
China is now a nation that persecutes Christians. Here is some information about writing letters to persecuted Christians https://www.prisoneralert.com/vompw_writing.htm