This is simple story about the gospel changing one young woman’s life and seemed like a great place to start. This story will zoom in on the gospel as what makes us right with God and transforms us.
Here are a few discussion questions about the story:
- How long ago did Lottie live?
- What did God use to get Lottie’s attention?
- What did God do when Lottie believed in Jesus?
- Where did Lottie go after she came to know Jesus?
- What does it mean that Jesus never sinned?
- What did Jesus do to make us acceptable to God even though we do sin?
This song that a dear friend showed me goes along well with the theme of the story of coming to Jesus and might be a good one to listen to before or after reading the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5Y8s-Sz_ac
I hope this blesses you and your family!
Information for this installment came from: Ambassadors for Christ edited by John D Woodbridge which is a collection of short biographies about and Send the Light edited by Keith Harper which is a collection of letters and writings from Lottie Moon. The joke came from this blog post: https://margaretfeinberg.com/23-of-the-best-bible-jokes-riddles/.