Sometimes it can feel like your whole life is filled with waiting. Waiting for school to be done, waiting to find out what life will be like when you are older, even waiting for it to be time for lunch. God says it is good to wait on Him, that He is good to people who wait for him. What does that mean? It means he takes good care of them. That you won’t ever be embarrassed in the end or lose when you wait for God. It means waiting for God always ends well. These verses remind me of how Good God is to wait for.
Waiting on God isn’t like waiting for the bus, there are things that you can do while waiting that help you wait better! You can remind yourself of things about God, you can spend time working on obeying God and you can use your creativity to fill your time with wise and beautiful things like praying, learning to do something new or helping other people.
- What are some things you are waiting for right now?
- What are some things about God that help you trust Him?
- How can you wait well? How you wait in a way that shows trust in God?
- Where in a the Bible can you go to find hope as you are waiting?
- Who do you know that can help you remember to wait on God?
Look in the Bible and find 3 verses that remind you how good God is. Write them down. Decorate them! Take time to memorize the words and think about what they mean.