This verse makes me feel excited, imagining what treasure is so great that it is worth losing everything for! Think of your favorite thing to do or game to play. What would it take for you to be willing to never have that opportunity again? Just think how awesome something would have to be to convince you to —happily— give up everything you love to have it. Jesus says knowing and following Him is that precious.
- What is your favorite toy or favorite thing to do?
- Is there any thing you used to have that you really miss having?
- Can you imagine something short term that you would be willing to give your current favorite thing up for or that would be so wonderful you wouldn’t miss what you lost anymore?
- How can you follow Jesus today?
- What can you do to know Jesus better this week?
Today choose an activity that will help you know and follow Jesus. That could be looking at a picture book that reminds you of what He’s done and encourages you to obey Him, reading a bit of the Bible or singing a song about Him.